What To Expect
STEP 1: THE DIG
- Lay out the pool with the homeowner present.
- Depending on municipality an inspection may be required.
- Begin excavation of the swimming pool.
- Install temporary fencing.
STEP 2: BUILD & FOOTER
- Deliver pool to the home
- Assemble walls, stairs and necessary bracing.
- Install plumbing.
- Set filter pad.
- Call for inspection.
- Level and square the pool.
- Pour concrete footer.
STEP 3: BACKFILL AND FORM-UP FOR CONCRETE
- Lay electrical conduits and drain tile.
- Pool will be backfilled using sand or rock depending on existing soil conditions.
- Set forms for concrete apron around pool to customer specifications.
- Lay wire mesh.
- Bond all metallic objects around pool.
- Dig and install gas line if not already completed. (At this time the gas will be shut off to the house and any pilot lights will need to be re-lit).
- Install basketball and volleyball deck anchors.
- Locate, waterfall plumbing, slide line, etc.
- Install deck drain (if necessary).
- Call for inspection.
STEP 4: POUR THE DECK
- Large concrete truck will deliver concrete.
- Pour concrete apron.
- Finish concrete with “Caribbean Wave.”
STEP 5: INSTALL FLOOR AND LINER
- Clean-up pool floor. (Remove dirt and mud. This may result in spoils being placed around the perimeter of pool.)
- Install vermiculite floor.
- Install the liner.
- Begin filling the pool.
- UPON COMPLETION, WE SUGGEST THAT THE CUSTOMER STAY OUT OF THE POOL FOR 72 HOURS BECAUSE THE FLOOR WILL BE SOFT.
STEP 6: COMPLETION
- Install skimmer and return faceplates.
- Install light, dive board, and auto cover if necessary.
- Plumb the equipment on filter pad.
- Clean coping.
- Start up equipment.
- Balance and clean the water.
- Deliver the remainder of the inground pool maintenance equipment.
- Complete on-site equipment and in-store equipment and chemical instructionals
Family fun in the sun, since 1976!
We at Caribbean understand that this is a large investment to enhance your Family’s Summer. That’s why we focus on supporting you throughout the entire life of your Pool, so let's talk today about your project.
36 E US Hwy 30, Schererville, IN 46375
18911 Wolf Road, Mokena IL
3900 Murvihill Road, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 3pm
CUSTOMER CARE HOURS:
Monday-Thursday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.