- Fast acting on all types of algae
- Multi functional formula clears water
- Works in pools treated with chlorine or bromine
- Kills and prevents green, mustard and black algae
- Results in 24 hours
- For all pool types
What it does:
BioGuard Banish® algicide when used directed, is a highly effective, patented, non-staining algicide that kills and controls algae in swimming pools. It is especially recommended for killing and controlling green, blue-green (frequently called black or spot algae) and mustard algae growths. BioGuard Banish algicide can be used as a remedy for visible algae or to prevent algae from occurring. Banish is formulated for use in chlorine or bromine sanitized swimming pools of all surface and filter types.
When/Why does ALEX recommend:
For maintenance, if Banish is selected as the preventive algicide.
For treatment of green, black or mustard algae if it is selected as the algae product.
*Do not use in pools with ionizers or pools treated with biguanide or hydrogen peroxide
- Test water prior to treatment, chelate existing metals with Pool Magnet Plus according to label instructions.
- Clean filter and adjust pH to 7.4-7.6.
- Establish and maintain proper free chlorine or total bromine residuals.
- In chlorinated pools, add Stabilizer 100 to establish 30-40 ppm of cyanuric acid.
- Apply product with the pump running according to instructions below:
For maintenance: Initially apply 8 oz. per 10,000 gallons. Thereafter, add 1.5 oz. per 10,000 gallons or add 3 oz. every other week. Add more often after heavy rain, frequent backwashing, or partial drain and refill.
For treatment of visible algae:
- Add 1 lb. of Burn Out Extreme per 10,000 or 1 lb. of Burn Out 35 per 6,000 gallons or 1 lb. of Smart Shock per 12,000 gallons. Add these products according to their label instructions.
- Circulate 1 hour to distribute product throughout the pool.
- With pump and filter running, add 16 oz. of Banish per 10,000 gallons directly into pool water in area of heaviest growth.
- Circulate 24 hours.
- Do not swim until sanitizer residual has returned to the ideal range.
- Brush pool surfaces.
- In cases of persistent algae, repeat application after 2-4 days.
- The use of a Sparkle Up will enhance filter efficiency and algae removal. Do not add Sparkle Up until at least 72 hours after Banish application.
- Clean the filter with Strip Kwik after treatment
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.