- 96% BromoChloroDimethylHydantoin (BCDMH)
- pH of 1 % solution = 4.0
- Maximum solubility at 30C = 1.5%.
- Effective in wider pH range than chlorine
- Lower odor than chlorine tablets
- Slower dissolving than chlorine tablets
- Algicidal at .2 ppm
- Chlorine content of tablet serves to regenerate bromide
- Excellent for indoor pool applications because of reduced odor.
- Used with automatic feeders – ideal for commercial applications.
- Ideal for use with spas and indoor pools.
- Kills Bacteria and algae.
- Bromide regeneration makes maximum use of bromine’s sanitizing ability.
- Lasts nearly twice as long as unstabilized chlorine when exposed to UV sun rays.
What it does:
Effective as a swimming pool water sanitizer and disinfectant. This product is an excellent alternative to chlorine based systems. Ideal sanitizer for indoor pools. Highly effective for outdoor pools as well. Bromine is an excellent sanitizer choice because it works well over a wide pH range and is a low odor sanitizer. This product must be applied through a bromine feeder.
Ensure all pool equipment is working properly. Clean or backwash filter following manufacturer’s directions. Adjust pH to between 7.2-7.6. When using other products as outlined in directions for this product, always follow directions on those products. A bromine or chlorine residual of 1-2 ppm must first be established in the pool. If the residual is established with this product in a brominator, use the brominator at the highest feed rate following manufacturer’s recommendations. When the bromine residual reaches 1-2 ppm, adjust the feeder accordingly. To maintain bromine residual, adjust the brominator feed rate to assure a constant treatment level of 1-3 ppm in residential pools and 3-5 ppm in commercial pools. Regular use of a test kit or test strips is necessary to maintain a bromine residual in the pool water.
*Reentry into treated swimming pools is prohibited above levels of 8 ppm bromine due to risk of body injury.