- Removes metals, dirt and scale from filter
- Keeps filter working at optimum performance
- Cleans sand, D.E. and Cartridge filters
- Soak or spray application
- Fresh citrus scent
What it does:
BioGuard Kleen It® removes metals, dirt and scale from DE, cartridge and sand filters. This means lower maintenance costs, longer filter cycles, cleaner water, and better filtration. Kleen It can also be used to clean spa surfaces, outdoor furniture, pool equipment, vinyl, plastic and rubber surfaces.
When/Why does ALEX recommend:
As the recommended filter cleaner for the filter cleaning step after treating for metals, metal staining, or scale buildup.
As part of the filter cleaning treatment after clearing cloudy water.
As part of the filter cleaning treatment for multiple problems (algae, staining, cloudy water, etc.)
If the filter has not been cleaned in 6 weeks according to the analysis history.
For scale removal on any filter, you must use Strip Kwik first to remove greases and oils. Then follow label instructions for use of Kleen It.
For non–backwashable D.E. or cartridge filters:
- Turn pump off and rinse off loose dirt from filter elements.
- Apply product by spraying directly onto the elements. If needed, lightly brush heavy grease spots.
- Let wet filter elements sit for 5 – 10 minutes. For heavily soiled filters, allow elements to sit for one hour.
- Rinse elements thoroughly with full-strength water from a garden hose.
- Reassemble filter and resume normal operation.
Note: As an alternative, soak filter elements overnight in a solution of 32 oz. of this product added to 5 gallons of water. Rinse elements thoroughly with water from a garden hose.
Sand filters and some D.E. filters:
- Backwash filter thoroughly, then turn off the pump. Chlorine must be removed from the skimmer basket prior to applying this product. Turn off the automatic feeder, if present.
- Pour entire bottle of Kleen-It into skimmer.
- Turn pump on until it primes and Kleen-It moves into the filter.
- Leave the filter selector in the backwash or closed position.
- Wait one hour. Turn pump on with selector in backwash position and backwash until the waste water is clear.
- Return to normal operation.
Note: This product should be used in chlorinated or brominated pools twice each pool season, mid-summer and in the fall before closing, if it has not been used to treat specific problems.
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.