- Lowers pH
- Reduces total alkalinity
- Safer to store, transport and handle than liquid acid
- Quick dissolving
What does it do:
Lo ‘N Slo® is used to reduce pH and total alkalinity.
When/Why does ALEX recommend:
For high pH when Lo ‘N Slo is selected as the pH adjuster. Note: The input pH may not be high. ALEX calculates the impact other product recommendations are going to have on the pH and in most cases, makes a final adjustment for an ideal pH.
For high total alkalinity when Lo ‘N Slo is selected as the pH adjuster.
As part of the Optimizer PLUS application.
- Balance Total Alkalinity to 125 to 150 ppm, or 80 – 150 ppm for pools using Mineral Springs or chlorine generators.
- If pH is above 7.6, apply Lo N Slo as determined by the acid demand chart on the product label.
- Apply by broadcasting product into the deep end with the pump running. Add when the pool is not in use.
- Circulate for 2 hours and retest pH.
- Never add more than 1 lbs. of Lo N Slo per 10,000 gallons at one time.
- Newly plastered pools may require frequent treatments for the first few weeks.
- Do not add near metal fittings nor allow pH to drop below 7.2.
- Do not allow undissolved lumps to remain on the pool bottom. Break up with brush.
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.