- Kills green, mustard and black pool algae
- Results in 24 hours
- For all pool types
What it does:
SaltScapes saltwater pool care Algae Remover is a highly effective, patented, non-staining pool algicide that kills algae in swimming pools. It is especially recommended for killing green, blue-green (frequently called black or spot algae) and mustard algae growths. Use as directed.
When/Why does ALEX recommend:
In chlorine generator or Mineral Springs pools as an algae treatment for green, mustard and black algae if it is selected as the algae product.
*Do not use in pools with ionizers or pools treated with biguanide or hydrogen peroxide.
- Test water prior to treatment, chelate any existing metals with Pool Magnet Plus according to label instructions, and make sure water is properly balanced.
- If black algae is present, brush the spots thoroughly to remove the tough outer protective layer.
- If the water is Swampy and you can vacuum to waste, add 8 oz. of per 10,000 gallons with the pump running. Circulate 2 hours then shut off the pump and allow the pool to settle overnight.
- Add 1 lb. of BurnOut 3 or BurnOut 35 per 6,000 gallons or 1 lb. of Smart Shock per 12,000 gallons. Add with the pump running according to their label instructions.
- Circulate 1 hour to distribute product throughout the pool.
- With pump and filter running, add 16 oz. of SaltScapes Algae Remover per 10,000 gallons directly into pool water in area of heaviest growth.
- Circulate 24 hours.
- Do not swim until the chlorine residual has returned to 1 – 4 ppm.
- Brush pool surfaces.